Dyslexia and ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder): effective methods for teachers, childcare workers and parents
The course aims to develop the knowledge and practical skills to manage classes with pupils who have problems of Dyslexia and of Attention Disorder and/or Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), as to define properly the disease and to recognize the main symptoms hindering learning, to develop relationships with teachers and classmates, to manage home-work.
Particular attention will be devoted to the development of skills that making the operator able to intervene in accordance with public and scholastic regulations, to stretch properly a Personalized Learning Plan (PLP) and to support compensatory strategies for to facilitate the integration of the pupils in their scholastic environment.
1) Content of training classes
- Understanding the dyslexia and comorbidity; how making an early diagnosis
- Language development and motor skills: the importance of the context at school and at home
- Creative Teaching approach in the classroom
- School/parents communication: motivation and self-esteem for pupils and teachers
- To know the attention Deficit Disorder/Hyperactivity
- To know and to use cognitive and meta-cognitive strategies
- To know the behavioral strategies
- To manage the communication and relationships
2) Practical Training
- Warning signs and associated problems in the pre-primary school; signs and symptoms of dyslexia in schools with children aged 5/15.
- Organization of activities, time and spaces in the classroom and at home
- Didactic and educational direction for the teachers; the construction of a structured lesson
- Relationship and school mediation
- Theoretical introduction: classification, epidemiology, associated disorders, develop mental aspects and prognostic
- The tools available for teachers to identify people at risk
- Strategies for teachers for reinforcement systems
- Strategies for the management of the school-family relationship
- The Special Support Plan (SSP)
- Training for parents and colleagues
- Educational labs: Visual modality approach; Auditory modality approach; Kinesthetic modality approach
- Computer and software for dyslexia: when, where and how
- Visit to primary schools: meeting with Headmaster and teachers; job-shadowing and focus on used methods for Dyslexia and ADHD
- Watching movies on the topic and discussion
- Analysis and discussion of cases
- Meetings with professionals in the field (GLH operating)
- Construction of a Special Support Plan (SSP)
: teachers in school and childhood education
Mrs. Fulvia Cetrullo
, pedagogist, founder and director of a Montessori School (3-6 aged and 6-11 aged), trainer accredited by IMI
(International Montessori Institute), trainer at University of Barcelona
Mrs. Rachele Giammario
, therapist of neuro and psychomotor developmental age, psychologist, educator, primary school teacher and lecturer at the University of L’Aquila, Regional President of AIDAI (Italian Association of ADHD).
teacher’s slides and operative cards.
Other activities provided
Duration*: 42 hrs
- On the arrival and departure days: transfer to accommodation from terminal bus Vasto or Vasto train station is provided.
- The last day of the course includes evaluation of the course, awarding of Certificates of Participation (2 hrs) and farewell dinner in a typical Italian restaurant offered by Polaris.
- The program provides also cultural activities as visits to the city and surrounding area to discover the art, traditions, history, nature, typical foods, wine and culinary products of the Abruzzo area.
- Free support in reservation phase for the transfer from the airports to Vasto and in research of a comfortable and suitable accommodation is provided based on the participants needs and at Polaris’ sole and absolute discretion.
(in class and practical training) 6 days
from Monday to Saturday (excluded travel days).
- 420 € +70 € (registration fee) per person
- for groups of 3 or more people from the same sending organisation (consortium/school) discounts on registration fee apply
– The course would be immediately confirmed with a group of 6 registered participants or more.
– With groups of 6 or more participants the course dates and the duration could be arranged with the applicant (please note fee would vary depending on the duration).
– With registration of less than 6 participants of the same group the confirmation of the course would be notified 3 months before the starting date or 2 months before when registration occurs less than 3 months before.