Montessori and Malaguzzi Educational Methodologies: from Italy a revolutionary method for childhood and youth
the Montessori Method of education, developed by Dr. Maria Montessori and then by the pedagogist Lori Malaguzzi, is a child-centered educational approach based on scientific observations of children from birth to adulthood. Dr. Montessori’s Method has been time tested, with over 100 years of success in diverse cultures throughout the world.
It is a view of the child as one who is naturally eager for knowledge and capable of initiating learning in a supportive, thoughtfully prepared learning environment. It is an approach that values the human spirit and the development of the whole child—physical, social, emotional, cognitive
This training course aims to develop professional competences for future teachers of children from 1 to 6 years about Montessori Method. Participants will learn more about Montessori, approaches to provide a Montessori inspired learning environment and how to use her methods and techniques.
1) Content Training in classes
- Philosofical and pedagogical principles of Dr M. Montessori
- The absorbent mind
- The freedom of choice
- The our planes of development
- The sensitive periods
- Philosophia and methodology of Montessori’s material for development of four areas
- The practical life
2) Practical Training
- Organization of the learning environment
- Importance of the order, internal and external
- The role of the teacher, “guardian of the environment”
- Methodologies to develop: attention and concentration
- The concept of freedom from the point of view of Maria Montessori
- Independence, autonomy and freedom: the development of auto discipline as an inner development
- Montessori “meet” our modern society
- Observation technique
- Rhythm in different children
- The role of mixed classes
- The Montessori’s prepared environment
- Workshop on the use of the Montessori educational materials
- Visit to a Montessori school: pedagogical and didactic observation
- Visit to a Montessori educational space: pedagogical and didactic observation
- Visit in a traditional kindergarten: focus on Montessori-Malaguzzi Methodologies used
: teachers in childhood and school education
Dr. Fulvia Cetrullo
, pedagogist, founder and director of a Montessori School
(3-6 aged and 6-11 aged), trainer accredited by IMI
(International Montessori Institute), trainer at University of Barcelona in the Master of Montessori Pedagogy
for children 0-6 aged.
Dr. Rachele Giammario
, therapist of neuro and psychomotor developmental age, psychologist, educator, primary school teacher and lecturer at the University of L’Aquila, Regional President of AIDAI (Italian Association of ADHD).
It is also provided a brief introduction of Dr. Luigi Intoccia
, psychiatrist, neurologist and psychotherapist.
teacher’s slides and operative cards.
Other activities provided
Duration*: 42 hrs
- On the arrival and departure days: transfer to accommodation from Vasto terminal bus or train station is provided.
- The last day of the course includes evaluation of the course, awarding of Certificates of Participation (2 hrs) and farewell dinner in a typical Italian restaurant offered by Polaris.
- The program provides also cultural activities as visits to the city and surrounding area to discover the art, traditions, history, nature, typical foods, wine and culinary products of the Abruzzo area.
- Free support in reservation phase for the transfer from the airports to Vasto and in research of a comfortable and suitable accommodation is provided based on the participants needs and at Polaris’ sole and absolute discretion.
(in class and practical training), 6 days
from Monday to Saturday (excluded travel days).
- 420 € +70 € (registration fee) per person
- for groups of 3 or more people from the same sending organisation (consortium/school) discounts on registration fee apply
– The course would be immediately confirmed with a group of 6 registered participants or more.
– With groups of 6 or more participants the course dates and the duration could be arranged with the applicant (please note fee would vary depending on the duration).
– With registration of less than 6 participants of the same group the confirmation of the course would be notified 3 months before the starting date or 2 months before when registration occurs less than 3 months before.