Teaching Italian Successfully
The objective of the course is to give the participants the necessary skills to teach Italian as a foreign language (EFL) and to develop a profound knowledge of the Italian language. The course will also introduce the future teachers to the current practices as well as the necessary methodology in EFL. It is a preparatory course to give the participants the knowledge and the skills to teach Italian as a foreign language in a professional and dynamic way. It allows those who are interested in a career in teaching, in their country or abroad, to obtain the necessary confidence in order to teach this specific subject in an encouraging environment with highly qualified experts.
1) Content of Training classes
- Italian teaching methodologies
- How to organize the students and levels.
- Preparing students for examinations and choosing the appropriate didactic material for the students.
- Giving feedback and constructive criticism to students and making a lesson more interesting for young students.
- Teaching business Italian as well as older students and making a lesson more interesting for them.
- Focus on teaching business Italian
2) Practical Training
- Teaching Methodology of the course
- Lesson planning
- Students & Levels
- Focus on communication in the classroom (Listening & Speaking)
- Class coordination
- Evaluation of Didactic Material
- Cambridge exam preparation for students (KET, PET, FCE, CAE & CPE)
- Focus on written communication
- Monitoring and evaluating students
- Giving feedback and correcting
- Using songs, videos and games in the classroom
- Focus on teaching grammar to students
- Teaching teenagers/young adults (secondary school/adult education school)
- Business Italian; CPD in ELT
- Using visual & audio-visual aids in the classroom
- Final Evaluation in ELT
- Interactive Italian lesson
- Job shadowing in classes with students and role play in the School
- Lesson planning for PLIDA exam preparation (various levels)
- Meeting with Director and teachers of Cambridge Open School – site of Vasto
- Visit to a primary school; meeting with Headmaster, teachers and staff involved in teaching Italian and foreign languages
- Workshop in choosing appropriate didactic material (for various levels)
- Workshop on how to create a Business Italian lesson
: Italian teachers in adult education, school education and vocational education and training (VET)
: the trainers involved have gained a strong experience in the field of Teaching Italian Successfully
such as: linguists, pedagogues, teachers and trainers.
: teacher’s slides and operative cards.
Other activities provided
- On the arrival and departure days: transfer to accommodation from Vasto terminal bus or train station is provided.
- The last day of the course includes evaluation of the course, awarding of Certificates of Participation (2 hrs) and farewell dinner in a typical Italian restaurant offered by Polaris.
- The program provides also cultural activities as visits to the city and surrounding area to discover the art, traditions, history, nature, typical foods, wine and culinary products of the Abruzzo area.
- Free support in reservation phase for the transfer from the airports to Vasto and in research of a comfortable and suitable accommodation is provided based on the participants needs and at Polaris’ sole and absolute discretion.
: 42 hrs
(in class and practical training), 6 days
from Monday to Saturday (excluded travel days).
Fee of course*: 420 €
English and Italian
– The course would be immediately confirmed with a group of 6 registered participants or more.
– With groups of 6 or more participants the course dates and the duration could be arranged with the applicant (please note fee would vary depending on the duration).
– With registration of less than 6 participants of the same group the confirmation of the course would be notified 3 months before the starting date or 2 months before when registration occurs less than 3 months before.
Registration form for this course