Teaching in a second language – English – for bilingual education (CLIL Content and Language Integrated Learning), with native speaker language
If you are teaching school subjects in English, then this course will provide comprehensive training on the methodology and practice of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) you need in your work.
Teachers learn to use model language, evaluate language challenges in the classroom, develop enquiry-based learning and improve assessment methods and feedback. Practical examples throughout the course reflect a range of subjects and age groups. Final assessment on the course consists of one 500-word essay and one lesson plan with rationale.
1) Content of Training classes
- English teaching methodologies
- How to organize the students and levels
- Preparing students for examinations and choosing the appropriate didactic material for the students.
- Giving feedback and constructive criticism to students and making a lesson more interesting for students.
- Teaching business English as well as older students and making a lesson more interesting for them.
- Focus on teaching business English
- Teaching Methodology of the course
- Lesson planning
- Students & Levels
- Focus on communication in the classroom (Listening & Speaking)
- Class coordination
- Evaluation of Didactic Material
- Certification exam preparation for students (i.e. PLIDA, Goethe, Cambridge, Cervantes, DELF…)
- Focus on written communication
- Monitoring and evaluating students
- Giving feedback and correcting
- Using songs, videos and games in the classroom (pre-primary, primary and middle school)
- Focus on teaching grammar to students.
- Teaching teenagers/young adults (secondary school/adult education school)
- Business Foreign Languages; CPD in ELT
- Using visual & audio-visual aids in the classroom
- Final Evaluation in ELT
2) Practical Training
- Interactive Foreign languages lesson
- Job shadowing in classes with students and role play in the School
- Lesson planning for Cerification exam preparation (various levels)
- Meeting with Director and teachers of Cambridge Open School – site of Vasto
- Visit to a primary and a middle school; meeting with Headmaster, teachers and staff involved in teaching foreign languages
- Workshop in choosing appropriate didactic material (for various levels)
- Workshop on how to create a Business Foreign languages lesson
The trainers involved have gained a strong experience in the field of “Teaching in a second language- English”
such as: linguists, pedagogues, teachers and trainers and are all English mother tongue
teachers and trainers in all levels of education and training
teacher’s slides, textbook about CLIL with operative cards
Other activities provided
Duration*: 42 hrs
- On the arrival and departure days: transfer to accommodation from Vasto terminal bus or train station is provided.
- The last day of the course includes evaluation of the course, awarding of Certificates of Participation (2 hrs) and farewell dinner in a typical Italian restaurant offered by Polaris.
- The program provides also cultural activities as visits to the city and surrounding area to discover the art, traditions, history, nature, typical foods, wine and culinary products of the Abruzzo area.
- Free support in reservation phase for the transfer from the airports to Vasto and in research of a comfortable and suitable accommodation is provided based on the participants needs and at Polaris’ sole and absolute discretion.
(in class and practical training), 6 days
from Monday to Saturday (excluded travel days).
Fee of course*: 420 €
– The course would be immediately confirmed with a group of 6 registered participants or more.
– With groups of 6 or more participants the course dates and the duration could be arranged with the applicant (please note fee would vary depending on the duration).
– With registration of less than 6 participants of the same group the confirmation of the course would be notified 3 months before the starting date or 2 months before when registration occurs less than 3 months before.
Registration form for this course: